[Ovmsdev] HUD

Geir Øyvind Vælidalo geir at validalo.net
Sat Jan 12 06:52:47 HKT 2019

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the not-so-uplifting answer :-D

I was thinking of using it to display speed, SOC and ideal-range while driving, and maybe something else when the car is charging, like using the speed part to show charge speed in kw. The Kia Soul displays the SOC in precent only in the EV screen on the navigation unit, so it would be nice to see it in the HUD.

I hope it is easier to fit such a HUD in mye Kia Soul, because I found a cheap HUD yesterday that seems to support 3 digits for all three values. It was really cheap, so no big loss if it won’t work as I intended, but great if it does.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8-Digital-Car-GPS-HUD-Head-Up-Display-OBD2-OBDII-Speedometer-Warning-Alarm/173462241166?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

The 3 displayed values seems to be selectable from a list of values, so I hope I would be able to find a PID that is in a range than matches SOC and ideal range. Also I believe many of these HUDS have configurable lower and upper limits for different PIDS/displayed values.

Look forward to play with this, and I cross my fingers for it to work 😜

Best regards,
Geir