[Ovmsdev] Improving documentation from user's point of view - Leaf and ACC support request for help

Robert Sharpe (Electric Vehicle Consultant) robert.sharpe at evergreen-consulting.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 22:03:48 HKT 2019

Hi, Tom - thanks for clarification of Leaf operation Has anyone got any thoughts on ACC feature documentation? 2) ACC features 2.1) Is the following documentation relevant to current version       OVMS ACC Configuration (Tesla Motors Club, Oct 2017) - is this valid for non-Tesla cars?       v2.5.5 firmware (2013) - is this still valid? 2.2) Where is the source code for ACC?       I cant find "CHARGEBY" references in github. 2.3) Can someone help with ACC help text? Thanks, Rob --- On Thu, 03 Jan 2019 09:28:51 +0000 Tom Parker <tom at carrott.org> wrote ---- Hi Rob On 3/01/19 5:14 AM, Robert Sharpe (Electric Vehicle Consultant) wrote: Mark has asked me to improve documentation from the user's point of view and I am stuck on some Leaf and ACC points that I am hoping people can help with. 1) Leaf questions 1.1) Does the TCU still need to be disconnected for Gen 2 cars to enable remote access? Yes. After the OVMS wakes the car up, the TCU puts the car back to sleep if it is connected. As far as I know this is true for all models 2011-2017. In 2016 & 2017 model year cars with a TCU, the hands-free bluetooth microphone is routed through the TCU, so you can't unplug the TCU without breaking bluetooth hands free calling. I haven't explored a workaround beyond staring at the wiring diagram. I have read that if you try longer and harder you can win the fight with the TCU but I haven't tried this. 1.2) Has anyone used or tested charge start/stop on a Nissan Leaf?       Someone made a comment about needing to use the CAN Write feature of v3 to start-stop charging and cant find reference. There is no CAN write configuration in the v3, CAN write is always enabled and hence you don't need to enable it. --- On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 16:14:34 +0000 Robert Sharpe (Electric Vehicle Consultant) <robert.sharpe at evergreen-consulting.co.uk> wrote ---- Hi, Mark has asked me to improve documentation from the user's point of view and I am stuck on some Leaf and ACC points that I am hoping people can help with. 1) Leaf questions 1.1) Does the TCU still need to be disconnected for Gen 2 cars to enable remote access? 1.2) Has anyone used or tested charge start/stop on a Nissan Leaf?       Someone made a comment about needing to use the CAN Write feature of v3 to start-stop charging and cant find reference. 2) ACC features 2.1) Is the following documentation relevant to current version       OVMS ACC Configuration (Tesla Motors Club, Oct 2017) - is this valid for non-Tesla cars?       v2.5.5 firmware (2013) - is this still valid? 2.2) Where is the source code for ACC?       I cant find "CHARGEBY" in any github repos. 2.3) Can someone send the help output for ACC Thanks, Rob