[Ovmsdev] Improving documentation from user's point of view - Leaf and ACC support request for help

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Thu Jan 3 17:28:51 HKT 2019

Hi Rob

On 3/01/19 5:14 AM, Robert Sharpe (Electric Vehicle Consultant) wrote:
> Mark has asked me to improve documentation from the user's point of
> view and I am stuck on some Leaf and ACC points that I am hoping
> people can help with.
>
> 1) Leaf questions
> 1.1) Does the TCU still need to be disconnected for Gen 2 cars to
> enable remote access?

Yes. After the OVMS wakes the car up, the TCU puts the car back to sleep
if it is connected. As far as I know this is true for all models
2011-2017. In 2016 & 2017 model year cars with a TCU, the hands-free
bluetooth microphone is routed through the TCU, so you can't unplug the
TCU without breaking bluetooth hands free calling. I haven't explored a
workaround beyond staring at the wiring diagram. I have read that if you
try longer and harder you can win the fight with the TCU but I haven't
tried this.

> 1.2) Has anyone used or tested charge start/stop on a Nissan Leaf?
>       Someone made a comment about needing to use the CAN Write
> feature of v3 to start-stop charging and cant find reference.

There is no CAN write configuration in the v3, CAN write is always
enabled and hence you don't need to enable it.