[Ovmsdev] Battery capacity metrics (for the Leaf, and in general)

Anko Hanse anko_hanse at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:29:18 HKT 2019

Robin,

Good news: retested after a drive and the xnl.v.b.e.available corrected itself to the expected 30kwh !
Will keep an eye on it over the next weeks to make sure it is not one of these multiplexed thingies that switches in and out of the expected value....

Bad news: the xnl.v.c.duration.range still are at 4095min for me, even though the SOC has now dropped below 80%. This is on a Dec-2015 30kwh model.
I'll add a trace to see what data I receive in the 0x5bc message...

xnl.bms.temp_int                         21,23,255,23,21,0°C
xnl.bms.thermistor                       498,480,65535,480
xnl.v.b.e.available                      30kWh
xnl.v.b.e.capacity                       20.8kWh
xnl.v.b.gids                             375
xnl.v.b.hx                               79.17
xnl.v.b.soc.instrument                   64%
xnl.v.b.soc.newcar                       105.337%
xnl.v.b.soh.instrument                   91%
xnl.v.b.soh.newcar                       92.4887%
xnl.v.c.count.l0l1l2                     166
xnl.v.c.count.qc                         255
xnl.v.c.duration.full.l0                 375Min
xnl.v.c.duration.full.l1                 135Min
xnl.v.c.duration.full.l2                 90Min
xnl.v.c.duration.range.l0                4095Min
xnl.v.c.duration.range.l1                4095Min
xnl.v.c.duration.range.l2                4095Min