[Ovmsdev] LEAF SOH

Robin O'Leary ovmsdev at caederus.org
Tue Feb 5 21:16:47 HKT 2019

On Tue, Feb 05, 2019 at 10:29:04AM +0000, Robin O'Leary wrote:
> We did previously get v.b.soh from a passive message 0x5b3, which is a
> 7-bit value (0--100%) available whenever the car is awake.  The active
> poll to 0x7bb.6101 gives better resolution (~11 bits).
>
> We had a similar situation with the SOC, where I think we have a better
> solution.  We now report both low- and high-resolution values as separate
> LEAF-specific metrics: the simple percentage in xnl.v.b.soc.instrument
> and the high-resolution value scaled as a proportion of the "new car"
> value as xnl.v.b.soc.newcar.  By default, the standard metric v.b.soc
> reports the value from xnl.v.b.soc.instrument; there is a config option
> if you want it to report xnl.v.b.soc.newcar instead.
>
> I think it would be better if we followed the same pattern with SOH.

This is implemented in:

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/200

Report SOH from passive 0x5b3 in private metric "xnl.v.b.soh.instrument".
Report SOH from active 0x7bb.6101 in private metric "xnl.v.b.soh.newcar".
Standard metric "v.b.soh" copies from "xnl.v.b.soh.instrument" by default,
or from "xnl.v.b.soh.newcar" if config option "xnl.soh.newcar" is set to "true".