[Ovmsdev] getting started, make errors from debug options?

Dale dalklein at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 12:53:14 HKT 2019

Sorry, I'm still having trouble.  Dabbling in many things to become
dangerous, but mastering none.  I'm still not able to make successfully.

I'm not sure what I did to get past the previous make error.  Maybe
initially I didn't choose all the defaults and got something set wrong.  Do
I delete the sdkconfig file to get back to no settings and then it will ask
all the options first time running make?

I think I have openvehicles esp-idf and ovms latest versions from GIT
correctly installed.  I chose defaults in make menuconfig (except setting
the correct USB port), and chose defaults when GENCONFIG runs from make.
I changed to other OVMS versions between 3.2.000 and 3.2.008 and current
master, all with same error occurring.

It errors out in ovms_module, with module_tasks_data not declared in this
scope.   It looks like related to having debugging options selected or
not?  The #ifdef conditional sections contain the declaration of
module_tasks_data, so it doesn't get declared, but it is still used.

Am I missing setting some option for make or configuring compile options?
  It must be one of these?
#ifndef CONFIG_HEAP_TASK_TRACKING
#define NOGO 1
#endif
#if configUSE_TRACE_FACILITY==0
#define NOGO 1
#endif
#ifdef CONFIG_FREERTOS_ASSERT_ON_UNTESTED_FUNCTION
#define NOGO 1
#endif

~/Leaf/OVMS/v3/vehicle/OVMS.V3$ make
Toolchain path:
/home/dklein/Leaf/OVMS/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc
Toolchain version: crosstool-ng-1.22.0-80-g6c4433a
Compiler version: 5.2.0
Python requirements from
/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/esp-idf/requirements.txt are
satisfied.

App "ovms3" version: 3.2.008-15-gca307f88-dirty
CXX
/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/v3/vehicle/OVMS.V3/build/main/ovms_module.o

/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/v3/vehicle/OVMS.V3/main/ovms_module.cpp:
In function 'void module_eventhandler(st
d::__cxx11::string, void*)':
/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/v3/vehicle/OVMS.V3/main/ovms_module.cpp:973:47:
error:
'module_tasks_data' was no
t declared in this scope
      module_tasks_data(0, NULL, NULL, 0, NULL);
                                              ^
/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/v3/vehicle/OVMS.V3/main/ovms_module.cpp:
In constructor 'OvmsModuleInit::OvmsModu
leInit()':
/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/v3/vehicle/OVMS.V3/main/ovms_module.cpp:1048:73:
error:
'module_tasks_data' was n
ot declared in this scope
    cmd_tasks->RegisterCommand("data","Output module task stats
record",module_tasks_data);
                                                                        ^
/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/esp-idf/make/
component_wrapper.mk:289: recipe for target 'ovms_module.o' failed
make[1]: *** [ovms_module.o] Error 1
/home/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/esp-idf/make/project.mk:552:
recipe for target 'component-main-build' failed
make: *** [component-main-build] Error 2

Thanks!     Dale