[Ovmsdev] getting started, make errors, path issues?

Dale dalklein at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 13:42:09 HKT 2019

Hah!  solved, please disregard my previous message.   Well, partly solved,

In the OVMS developer guide,   'Please ensure that you have the release
version ( of the esp-idf getstarted guide instructions,  ie:  this link:
https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/release-v3.1/get-started/index.html
)   matching the OVMS branch of esp-idf, currently 3.1
I went through the 3.1 version esp-idf setup instructions (installing the
older xtensa toolchain alongside the openvehicles esp-idf branch, and
setting paths).

Following an adventure with older version of pyserial causing an issue,
hello_world compiles and works on a plain ESP32 board, using the OVMS
esp-idf.    Good.

Try compiling OVMS, but fails.   doa.
~/Leaf/OVMS/v3/vehicle/OVMS.V3$ make
Toolchain path:
/home/dklein/Leaf/OVMS/xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc
Toolchain version: crosstool-ng-1.22.0-80-g6c4433a
Compiler version: 5.2.0
Python requirements from
/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/esp-idf/requirements.txt are
satisfied.

App "ovms3" version: 3.2.008-15-gca307f88-dirty
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
'/homez/dklein/Documents/Projects/vehicles/OVMS/v3/vehicle/OVMS.V3/components/console/split_argv.
c', needed by 'split_argv.o'.  Stop.
/home/dklein/Documents/Projects/Leaf/OVMS/esp-idf/make/project.mk:552:
recipe for target 'component-console-build' failed
make: *** [component-console-build] Error 2

Thanks Again,   Dale