[Ovmsdev] Adding v.p.satcount to the vehicle section of the status page

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sat Aug 10 15:24:08 HKT 2019

Craig,

for the actual info I would say "… (GPS lock, 7 satellites)" would do -- "good" has no actual data background, any lock will currently be reported as "good".

For the status page integration, that's done by a "location status" command call with event triggers "gps.lock|location". There is no event fired on metric
"v.p.satcount", so adding the info to the "location status" output wouldn't actually track the count.

To get a live tracking you would use a metric display as shown in the "Live" panel and explained here:
http://docs.openvehicles.com/en/latest/components/ovms_webserver/docs/metrics.html