[Ovmsdev] Locations and scripts

Anko Hanse anko_hanse at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 16:22:10 HKT 2019

I do indeed think that it is unrelated to what you guys see as yours happens while the vehicle is parked while mine happens while the car is being driven.
Had another good look at the Nissan Leaf code and my incident might be introduced by myself.

I have been testing a code change around gathering of energy used/recd for the past weeks. Part of that is resetting those values when a trip starts, i.e. when the car is turned on.
My new code is identical to existing code in the Kia Soul and Mitsubishi in functions xxx_car_on(bool), so I really did not expect problems there.

But staring at it again today, I spotted that in that new code the v.e.on is only set once where previously it was set to on continuously during driving. As a result, it will go stale after a while and that might then trigger the theft warning.

I've adapted my new code, will be testing it for the next couple of days, and then will push it.  As stated, a similar issue might potentially be present in Kia Soul and Mitsubishi....

OKidoki,
Anko