[Ovmsdev] Kia Soul strangeness

Geir Øyvind Vælidalo geir at validalo.net
Sat Sep 29 17:15:04 HKT 2018

Sorry for the late reply. Busy days…

The radio comes on every five minutes in order to read the door lock status.  The car has to be on to read the status, and that is currently the only way i could do that.

My newest version is not giving those «unrecognized command» messages, but there are some other issues I haven’t had time to debug yet.

Ideal range is something I’ve planned to look into.

I’ve also had some issues with the aux battery that have been worsened by the OVMS, so I really need to find ways to reduce the 12V power consumption,  like polling less often on the CAN-buses while the car is not powered on.

Best regards,

Geir