[Ovmsdev] Vehicle theft alert

Greg D. gregd2350 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:27:33 HKT 2018

Hi folks,

Probably a historical reason for this; if not, not a big deal I suppose...

I just got an alert that my car was being transported, possibly due to
theft/flatbed.  Checked the garage, and the car was sleeping peacefully,
as expected.  A quick check of the status shows that the GPS has lost
lock (don't know why), and presume that's the reason for the alert.

Checked the code (components/ovms_location)...  Is there a reason that
the theft alert is not qualified by m_gpslock?  I suppose one could
thwart the theft alert by covering the car in tin foil first, but it
seems like a long shot.

Alternatively, is it worth alerting on the loss (and/or restoration) of
GPS lock?  I'm guessing that might be more annoying than it's worth.

Greg