[Ovmsdev] How do I run candump

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Mon Nov 26 11:11:03 HKT 2018

You probably got the speed wrong. When in active mode, the system will actively respond to messages on the bus, and if the baud rate is wrong that messes things up.

In listen mode, the system won’t write to the CAN bus at all, so is more tolerant to baud rate mismatch (you will get garbage messages instead).

Regards, Mark.