[Ovmsdev] Nissan Leaf support question

Brian Greenberg grnbrg at grnbrg.org
Fri Nov 16 12:19:33 HKT 2018

I just reproduced this with my 2015 Leaf.

Once commanded, the CC ran (in heating mode -- it's around -5C here right
now) for a little more than 2 hours.  Once it quit, I got in, turned the
Leaf on, and  turned on the CC.  The fans worked, but no heater.

I've spent some time over the last few weeks slowly figuring out the code
flow, and how I might add things, and I don't see any glaring logic errors
in the remote climate control sections.  The CAN bus is flooded with "Start
CC" messages for 1 second, then a 1 second pause, then a burst of
"Automatically Stop CC" messages are sent, and the event is done.  There is
no timer set to wake up and explicitly stop the CC.

I would guess that this is something built into the car, to protect the
heater coil and prevent the battery from being depleted.  It's worth noting
that my test cycle took 2 hours, which is 4 times the 30 minutes that
Nissan's NissanConnect app will remotely run the climate control, and twice
what the scheduled "I want the car to be ready at /this/ time." timer runs
it.

Brian.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 6:56 AM Mark Webb-Johnson <mark at webb-johnson.net>
wrote:

> This question came in:
>
> https://www.openvehicles.com/node/2107
>
> I know there is a timeout where if I remotely turn on the A/C and don't
> get to the car in that time, it will turn the A/C off automatically. It
> seems that if this happens my A/C won't function at all for something like
> 5 to 10 minutes. Are there any commands I can issue to verify this and
> better yet to make the A/C operable right away?
>

> Any ideas?

Brian Greenberg
grnbrg at grnbrg.org