[Ovmsdev] Leaf door control

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sat May 26 11:58:13 HKT 2018

On 26/05/18 01:44, Robin O'Leary wrote:
> Unfortunately, I just tried on MY2015, and these commands seemed to
> have no effect.  But maybe that isn't much of a surprise: my older
> model doesn't claim to have remote lock/unlock, and the architecture is
> a lot different (using frames with only 1 byte instead of 4, and on a
> different bus).

Given the remote door lock Stein has uses the same sequence the TCU uses
for remote climate control, I wouldn't be too surprised if it doesn't
work on cars that didn't have that feature from the beginning.

> Did you have to unplug your TCU?  Mine is still plugged in; maybe I need
> to try it unplugged.

The other remote commands don't work properly when the TCU is plugged
in, so it's possible this is your problem. I have both a 2016 and 2012
Leaf, but unfortunately I swapped cars with a friend for the weekend so
I'll have to wait for it to come back with my OVMS v3 before testing.

The other thing to do is to record the can bus and see what happens when
you send the unlock sequence on a car that supports Nissan Connect
unlock, and also when you unlock the doors with the key remote. Possibly
it can be implemented on cars that don't support remote unlock in Nissan
Connect by mimicking the key remote, or some combination of the Nissan
Connect wake-up message and the key remote unlock messages. The "lock
doors above a speed" feature may also be informative, but you'd have to
pick it out of the messages sent while the car is moving.