[Ovmsdev] Fixed VIN from IncomingPollReply first frame data?

Robin O'Leary ovmsdev at caederus.org
Tue May 8 23:57:13 HKT 2018

On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 12:13:52AM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
> I'm glad you've replaced my single purpose poller state machine with the
> more general PID poller. I was pretty sure that was possible but never spent
> the time to work out how to translate how the Leaf works into something the
> poller could do.

Yes, it's going to be much easier to add new polls now, though I don't
have any definite plans in that direction right now.  Maybe the detailed
battery cell information might be interesting.  Any other suggestions?

> Looking at the current state of your branch, you want to store hx in the
> m_hx metric instead of using the standard SOH metric for both hx and SOC.

Ah, yes, that was a temporary kluge while I was trying to work out
how to pass a member function as callback to parent OvmsVehicle class
(which meant I wouldn't be able to access m_hx).  I ended up keeping
all the code together in OvmsVehicleNissanLeaf::IncomingPollReply for now.

> You can also delete the now unused PollState enum and nl_poll_state
> variable.

Done.  I think this is ready to merge.