[Ovmsdev] Fixed VIN from IncomingPollReply first frame data?

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun May 6 11:11:32 HKT 2018

Robin,

I don’t think many (any?) are using the OBDII code in the real world. It was there mainly as a proof-of-concept, and looks like that part was broken in the polling port from v2 to v3. VIN not coming up correctly (at all) on my ODBII simulator hardware with vehicle module O2.

Not sure about KiaSoulEV.

I applied your patch, and the vehicle module O2 vs simulator hardware now identifies the VIN correctly.

I can’t really apply your whole commit to the master, as it includes other changes (to vehicle_nissanleaf) which is causing conflicts vs @carrott's recent pull request on Nissan Leaf. In general, easier to keep these code code change commits limited to just one commit (for which a pull request can easily be sent):

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/pull/110

vs

https://github.com/caederus-ovms/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/commit/06e0b6880f5a8403f4d17c5afc7105a79f609073#diff-24650a03d76690f39398f5127e405236

Anyway, I manually included the fix to vehicle.cpp and committed that to master - you should be able to pull that back into your now. Can you and @carrott work out what is required and re-do the pull request to include both Nissan Leaf changes?

Thanks, Mark.