[Ovmsdev] Automatic vehicle notifications

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri May 25 15:39:46 HKT 2018

Am 25.05.2018 um 04:25 schrieb Mark Webb-Johnson:
> Re-visiting this, we don’t seem to have done the ‘low SOC’ notification yet. Should be quite simple, so I will handle this.

OK.

> We’re also not handling the module reset correctly and issuing charge notifications when the module starts up. This is more tricky. Should we just suppress
> all notifications within the first N seconds after boot-up (to give the vehicle modules time to set things correctly). Or should we only notify if this is not
> the first time the value has been set (add a modification count to the base metric system so we can see how many times the value has been modified)?

I solved that for the Twizy by initializing to the empty state (key 0) and not setting the charge state until it actually changes.

If the reset happens during a charge, I get a new charge start notification, but that is OK as it also informs me that the charge monitoring had a reset and
could not record the full process. If that would be suppressed, I would need a dedicated "I crashed" notification.

Adding change counters just for this seems to be unnecessary overhead. Not sure if we can use external RAM for metrics.