[Ovmsdev] Can buses stop after some time

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu May 24 11:08:55 HKT 2018

I don’t think we need to support other speeds. As you say, if necessary it is trivial as an optional parameter after bus name. Probably no harm adding that. But, even today, there is a workaround:

OVMS# obdii ecu start can3
OBDII ECU has been started

OVMS# can can3 status
CAN:       can3
Mode:      Active
Speed:     500000

OVMS# can can3 start active 250000
Can bus can3 started in mode active at speed 250000bps

OVMS# can can3 status
CAN:       can3
Mode:      Active
Speed:     250000

When the client (HUD, whatever) is trying to connect to the ECU, it can try 500K, 250K. Or it can try 250K, 500K. I suspect yours tries the first descending sequence, and hence doesn’t have any issues as it finds the match at 500K first.

Anyway, this MCP2515 can bus lockup is something we have to fix. The fact it is reproducible on obd2ecu is good and helpful for that.

Regards, Mark.