[Ovmsdev] Modem fails to connect
mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu May 17 12:47:39 HKT 2018
> What does "Last Error: User Interrupt" mean?
Means the PPP connection was lost. But should be only if explicitly instructed to shutdown. Seems strange.
> On 17 May 2018, at 11:46 AM, Greg D. <gregd2350 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> I'll pick up the logging tomorrow, and provide that, but already did check the Hologram for funds. It shows "Green" for status, and several $$ remaining overall.
> As for the Simcom status, it looks like frames are exchanged about every 30 seconds, one frame each Rx and Tx. Ticker is running normally. No other changes. What does "Last Error: User Interrupt" mean?
> The system was running just fine for a while - last boot was, um, well, you do the math... (hence my code addition). Probably since .005 was released, up until last Friday. Flipped back and forth between Home wifi and cellular several times, I believe, as I came and went from the house. Went out on a drive on Friday and noticed it wasn't "Live", but went back on wifi just fine when I got home.
> Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
>> Need to see a ‘log level verbose’ output from the modem, for a minute or so. Also ‘simcom status’ output twice (again, a minute or so apart) so we can see what is changing.
>> The modem and mux layers are up, but it looks like the PPP connection cannot be established. You sure you have sufficient balance on the Hologram account? Not just a ‘live’ SIM, but enough balance to be able to establish a data circuit (if you are on a pay-as-you-go plan). Also, please triple-check the APN/user/pass setting and make sure it is ‘hologram’.
>> Regards, Mark.
>>> On 17 May 2018, at 1:02 AM, Greg D. <gregd2350 at gmail.com <mailto:gregd2350 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>> I just noticed that my modem has stopped connecting to the 3G network. WiFi is fine, and it autoconnects when I get home. But on the road, no modem...
>>> Is there any debugging info that I can supply to figure out what happened? I checked the Hologram account, and it says the status is "Live" (i.e. not blocked for lack of funds or such). Last active 5 days ago, but the simcom status shows it's hearing the cell tower just fine. I'm on the .005 main software, v3.1 production hardware.
>>> OVMS# simcom status
>>> Network Registration: RegisteredRoaming
>>> State: NetMode
>>> Ticker: 452141
>>> User Data: 0
>>> Status: up
>>> Open Channels: 4
>>> Framing Errors: 0
>>> Last RX frame: 11 sec(s) ago
>>> RX frames: 61468
>>> TX frames: 49855
>>> Not Connected
>>> Last Error: User Interrupt
>>> Status: disabled
>>> Time: disabled
>>> NMEA: GPS/GLONASS Not Connected
>>> OVMS# network status
>>> Interface#3: pp3 (ifup=1 linkup=0)
>>> IPv4: 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255 gateway 0.0.0.0
>>> Interface#2: ap2 (ifup=1 linkup=1)
>>> IPv4: 192.168.4.1/255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.4.1
>>> Interface#1: st1 (ifup=1 linkup=1)
>>> IPv4: 10.30.1.105/255.255.255.0 gateway 10.30.1.1
>>> Interface#0: lo0 (ifup=1 linkup=1)
>>> IPv4: 127.0.0.1/255.0.0.0 gateway 127.0.0.1
>>> DNS: 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199
>>> Default Interface: st1 (10.30.1.105/255.255.255.0 gateway 10.30.1.1)
>>> OvmsDev mailing list
>>> OvmsDev at lists.openvehicles.com <mailto:OvmsDev at lists.openvehicles.com>
>>> http://lists.openvehicles.com/mailman/listinfo/ovmsdev <http://lists.openvehicles.com/mailman/listinfo/ovmsdev>
>> OvmsDev mailing list
>> OvmsDev at lists.openvehicles.com <mailto:OvmsDev at lists.openvehicles.com>
>> http://lists.openvehicles.com/mailman/listinfo/ovmsdev <http://lists.openvehicles.com/mailman/listinfo/ovmsdev>
> OvmsDev mailing list
> OvmsDev at lists.openvehicles.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OvmsDev