[Ovmsdev] Charge time prediction

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed May 16 08:19:13 HKT 2018

If we don’t know current + voltage available from the charger, then how can we predict charge time? Or is the current + voltage for the Twizy always the same (fixed?).

I think it is important to clear these prediction values when they are no longer useful or correct, and relying on individual vehicle modules to do it seems incorrect. We should be able to do this in a standard way. But, I see your point about an interrupted charge (I guess in that case we can presume a new charge would resume and the predictions would be roughly correct, so long as vehicle and charger state did not change).

How about we clear these when the vehicle charge port is detected closed? (in addition to the existing ‘charge done’ condition)

Regards, Mark.