[Ovmsdev] Web configuration

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Mon May 14 07:10:07 HKT 2018

A couple of comments about the Wifi configuration via the web UI --

Not having run the setup wizard and having used only client mode
previously, I had no AP configured.  I configured an AP on the Wifi
config page.  As I expected, that had no immediate effect, so I
rebooted the module to make that take effect.  Then I saw the SSID
OVMS appear.  I needed to go to the autostart config page to select my
new AP SSID as the one to be started, and then reboot again to start
it.

I can imagine situations where I want to temporarily switch Wifi modes
and/or define a new AP or client SSID and switch right away, but not
have those settings become my autostart settings.  Shouldn't there be
controls on the Wifi config page to set the Wifi mode like those on
the autostart config page?

Also, in the scenario above I was a bit surprised to see the OVMS SSID
since the Wifi config page did not list it as an AP.  Shouldn't it be
included there?

                                                        -- Steve