[Ovmsdev] Notifications Framework (subtype and filtering)

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Sun May 13 23:45:49 HKT 2018

On Sun, 13 May 2018, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:

> P.S. For roadster, the topoff is just a different type of charge (I
> think triggered when you press Top-Off on the in-car control, to
> top-off an already fully charged battery). So, it occurs at the
> middle of the charge, just the same as ‘charging’.

I wouldn't say it is a different type of charge as much as pressing
the Top-Off button means "try some more".  That button is only present
when the normal charging has finished and the VDS is still showing the
charging screen.  The Touch Screen Users Manual says this about the
message that can appear in the status line at the top of the charging
screen:

    Topping Off Charge - Automatic charging is in progress because the
    fully charged vehicle has been sitting for a while. To maintain a
    full charge, a plugged in vehicle periodically tops itself off.

And this about the button:

    TOP-OFF - You can initiate "top off" charging manually.

So it really just means to resume charging to fill back to the
intended level to compensate for charge that has dissipated while
sitting.

In the Roadster is there any CAN bus indication when the charging
process transitions from the full-speed phase to the tapering phase?

                                                        -- Steve