[Ovmsdev] v3 hardware disconnecting from v2 server

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Mar 27 03:26:51 HKT 2018

I have not dug deeply, but all the references I have seen to using gdb
for debugging on the ESP32 require extra JTAG hardware.  The
ESP-WROVER-KIT includes the FTDI FT2232HL USB bridge that allows a
JTAG connection over USB in addition to the UART connection.  I don't
know if it would have been feasible to include that debugging function
into the OVMS v3 hardware design.

                                                        -- Steve