[Ovmsdev] v3 at fasttech.com

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Mar 25 03:49:22 HKT 2018

On 25/03/18 02:38, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> I’ve asked Fasttech to remove the PICKITs from the ‘related parts’.

Regarding the FastTech listing, does the US model have the SIM5360
modem, and the European model have the SIM5360E modem? On FastTech they
both have the same modem in the headline listing, which I think is wrong.

In the details section of the listing, you should repeat the 3G
capabilities that are implied elsewhere. If you only read the details
you might think it can only do "2G (GSM/GPRS) and 2.5G (EDGE) quad
band". Add a line "3G UMTS/HSPA+ 900/2100MHz" (and the appropriate
frequencies for the US model) immediately above the 2G line.

You might want to modify the title to add "with" as it looks a little
like it's only the modem module: OVMS v3.1 with SIM5360E 3G Modem Module
(EU Edition)" and along the same lines, add an explanation to the
package content, say:

Package Contents: 1*OVMS 3.1 with EU Modem Module.

Sold out already! I better push these Leaf improvements I started last week.