[Ovmsdev] First connection to car

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Mar 24 16:41:54 HKT 2018

I’m loving my new arrangement (without AP). I have modem and scanning WIFI client running. When I get home, the car connects to home wifi so I can ssh in, scp logs off, OTA new firmware. As I drive away, it loses WIFI and seamlessly switches to modem.

There is something very cool about doing this on a little embedded device:

$ ssh mark at ev914.local

Welcome to the Open Vehicle Monitoring System (OVMS) - SSH Console
Firmware: 3.1.000-10-gd1f4408/factory/main
Hardware: OVMS WIFI BLE BT cores=2 rev=ESP32/1

OVMS> enable
Password:
Secure mode

OVMS# network
Interface#2: pp2 (ifup=1 linkup=1)
  IPv4: 10.170.204.16/255.255.255.255 gateway 10.64.64.64

Interface#1: st1 (ifup=1 linkup=1)
  IPv4: x.y.z.212/255.255.255.0 gateway x.y.z.64

Interface#0: lo0 (ifup=1 linkup=1)
  IPv4: 127.0.0.1/255.0.0.0 gateway 127.0.0.1

DNS: 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4

Default Interface: st1 (x.y.z.212/255.255.248.0 gateway x.y.z.64)

Regards, Mark.