[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3 DNS

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Mar 13 22:40:55 HKT 2018

It seems that we have issues with DNS in OVMS v3. One problem I’ve found is that every time a network interface comes up, the DNS servers for that interface are defined. But when the interface goes down, the old DNS servers are not restored. This becomes an issue when we have both wifi and modem networking interfaces.

I’ve committed support for:

config network dns …

I use:

config set network dns "8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4"

Along with a new event ‘network.interface.up’, network manager now sets those DNS servers, if defined.