[Ovmsdev] Moving to a production cycle

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun Mar 4 12:35:10 HKT 2018

Plan is as follows:

Serial numbers are of the form:

YYYYBBNNNNN

* YYYY is four digit year. For example; 2018
* BB is two digit batch. For example; 00, 01, 02, etc
* NNNN is four digit sequence. For example; 0001, 0002, etc

First production batch is 2018010001 - 2018010120.

That would be 10 digits. Not the most secure, and pretty predictable, but better than a simple “OVMS”.

I’m asking if the software they have can generate random characters. If it can, then will add four random letters onto the end.

Regards, Mark.