[Ovmsdev] v3 hardware disconnecting from v2 server

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Mon Mar 26 00:28:04 HKT 2018

Enabling the watchdog timer is a good idea.  I've had it enabled in my
config for some time.  When I was recently working on enhancements to
the "module memory" command and had an infinite loop in my code, I got
a timer trap:

Task watchdog got triggered. The following tasks did not reset the watchdog in time:
 - IDLE (CPU 1)
Tasks currently running:
CPU 0: IDLE
CPU 1: AsyncConsole

But this will only catch the problem if there is some task that is
running away.  It could be some kind of synchronization block instead.

If there is a particular command that seems to get stuck, we could
consider (temporarily) invoking that command as a separate task so
that the async console would still be usable to investigate.  Another
possibility that could be used in scenarios where wifi is still
working and doesn't need to be brought up/down would be to connect
with telnet or ssh and then issue the the simcom command in that
console.

I have added printing of each task's state in the "module tasks"
output, but I have yet to observe any task in the "Run" state.  (I
would expect AsyncConsole to be in Run state while executing that
command, but it is not.)

I might be able to add an option on the command to print each task's
PC, which the python code would look up to translate to a source
line number.

                                                        -- Steve