[Ovmsdev] v3 hardware disconnecting from v2 server

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Mar 25 18:10:50 HKT 2018

On 25/03/18 22:58, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> I think that the housekeeping task is locked up. With the latest code I have, the per-10-minute housekeeping message has stopped.

It certainly has -- Housekeeping::Ticker1 increments monotonic and that
isn't working. I had a look at the simcom power code and there is a
vTaskDelay(1000 / portTICK_PERIOD_MS) in simcom::PowerCycle() but I'm
not clear whether that is called when you power off the modem.

> My guess is still the ppp code, during session teardown.

Would moar printfs to pin down where it dies help? I see the watchdog
changes you've added, I'm not running them yet. I'll do that tomorrow.

> I sent a detailed message on this an hour or so, with my analysis of this.

Read that, tried a few things from it.

Is it possible to break into the system with gdb over the serial port
and do a "thread apply all bt" or similar to get the state of all the
threads? Or place a breakpoints in the right places and resume the system?