[Ovmsdev] First connection to car

Julien “JaXX” Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Sat Mar 24 19:59:39 HKT 2018

On 24 Mar 2018 at 12:03 +0100, Mark Webb-Johnson <mark at webb-johnson.net>, wrote:
> I have my phone’s wifi hotspot on the module as well. So, even on the road I can just turn that on, the module connects to my phone, then I can get back into it directly.
>
> I think AP is fine now - just trying to minimise the number of things I am using so as to get a very stable base. Then can enable other things and if it breaks I know where to check.
>
> Regards, Mark.

Yes, you can scratch what I said earlier, the very last commits made AP non-blocking.

Before switching to AP, I had client mode on, and I did have v2 and v3 enabled at the same time which crash looped a few times on a very steady "assertion "nc->send_mbuf.len >= len" failed: file "/Users/jaxx/Projects/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/vehicle/OVMS.V3/components/mongoose/mongoose/mongoose.c", line 10573, function: mg_mqtt_prepend_header” during "v3 TX(all) metrics", and even with v2 disabled… Swapped v3 for v2, rock stable, from my desk

But, in AP mode, v3 (alone in auto) doesn’t connect once PPP comes online:
https://pastebin.com/EjCyfvLS

(I have tried this multiple times, v3 upon startup hangs the module if I ever try to restart, either v2 or v3 btw)

If started with v2 only, all goes fine, and I can even stop start both without any real hiccup:
https://pastebin.com/G0357xQW

Anyone who wants to play with mqtt in Europe for v3 can use:
libre.jaxx.org being Fiber at home near Paris, mqtt on a virtual container in my lab
mqtt.jaxx.org is a small server in the Netherlands
Both mosquitto 1.4.10 with simple authentication

config set server.v3 server libre.jaxx.org
Or
config set server.v3 server mqtt.jaxx.org
config set server.v3 user ovmsdev
config set server.v3 password 0vmsd3v

#(I will take it out one day or another, but will most certainly forget it unless it gets hacked :-) )

JB./.