[Ovmsdev] v3 hardware disconnecting from v2 server

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Mar 23 16:52:31 HKT 2018

Tom,

On one of my drives, I saw a similar thing. The symptom for me was that ‘power simcom off’ would lock up the console, and wifi could not in general connect to any stations any more. Everything else appeared to be running fine.

Since using the latest ‘wifirefactor’ code, I haven’t see this. But, I haven’t used Access Point mode, or Web Server. I’m trying to keep things simple, to get a base system stable first, before adding more complexity, so I just have a ovms server v2, a wifi scanning client (connecting to any available access point), and a simcom modem running. That seems stable for the past two days for me.

So, I’ve just merged in the ‘wifirefactor’ code to master. Can you try with that code, and see if you still get issues?

Regards, Mark.