[Ovmsdev] Time, Apps, 3.1.007, and others

Julien “JaXX” Banchet jaxx at jaxx.org
Fri Jun 15 16:26:14 HKT 2018

On 15 Jun 2018 at 10:03 +0200, Mark Webb-Johnson <mark at webb-johnson.net>, wrote:
> > (Still dreaming of unlocking/turning on my Twizy just with my phones presence ;-) )
>
> Hey! That’s my idea. It was supposed to be a surprise :-) Unlocking a US roadster, as you walk up to it - hopefully before Tesla gets around to getting it working on Model S+X.
>
> Actually, you can do the unlock part now…
>

> 1. Enable bluetooth in your build
> 2. Power on the bluetooth module
> 3. Pair your phone (you will need to enable log level verbose and look for the PIN output by the bluetooth module when you initiate the pairing)
>
> Create a script on bt.connect.<macaddress> to unlock the car (just “unlock <pin>”, I guess)

Noting this one down for other uses :-), though, on a Twizy, it’s far than programmable.
Renault has made devices for fobless/fleet/RFID+car-sharing Twizys (named “BAC” as far as I can remember) but none of the few in-house engineers I know at Guyancourt has been able to dig up anything. Besides that, there’s way too much stuff hardwired around the key Neiman. Michael probably knows more about what’s possible or not, but without rewiring the whole thing with extra relays+FETs to avoid having a physical key, I guess we, Twizysts, are stuck.
(And TBH, I might be upgrading to something with 4 doors and windows and selling the Twizy in a near future, it’ll be another EV of course ;-) iMiev/c0/ion probably)