[Ovmsdev] Nissan Leaf remote Climate issue

Stein Arne Sordal ovms at topphemmelig.no
Sun Jun 10 20:18:16 HKT 2018

Hi all.

As far as I can see, when the climate control is activated, the OVMS module is supposed to detect when the car is turned on and then disable climate control.
This does not work very good. My car starts climate control when I park the car one hour later. This will drain the battery if not manually disabled.

The solution:
The original TCU sends a frame after all the "start CC" frames.
The frame looks like this, and is sent only one time:

data[0] = 0x46;
data[1] = 0x08;
data[2] = 0x32;
data[3] = 0x00;

This will cause the climate control to stop after 15 min (if not connected to grid), or when car is turned on.

Kind regard,
Stein Arne Sordal