[Ovmsdev] What causes factory reset?

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Jun 21 07:56:04 HKT 2018

I think the AutoInit: factory reset detected, starting public AP net 'OVMS' with password ‘OVMSinit’ message is perhaps misleading. It isn’t specifically detecting a factory reset. More that the auto/wifi.mode is “ap” (which is the default if that parameter has not been defined), and that auto/wifi.ssid.ap is undefined, and that wifi.ap/OVMS is empty, and that there is no module password defined).

I did have one report of a user who could not save his config settings. Supposedly he configured the module, unplugged it, moved it to the car, plugged it in, and it was back to factory defaults. I had him do a ‘module factory reset’ to make sure the config partition was correctly formatted. That solved his problem.

But, if it was a config mounting problem we would see that reported in the logs around the point "ovms_main: Mounting CONFIG…”. Yours looks clean.

Regards, Mark.