[Ovmsdev] OVMS v3.1 Production Batch #2

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Jun 7 10:02:21 HKT 2018

> BTW, is there a software feature matrix comparing v.2 and v.3.1 ?

Not at the moment. The capabilities of the two platforms are really very different. I have been telling people:

Firmware is not complete, and should be considered beta
Functionality is approximately equivalent to basic OVMS v2 firmware, but some advanced features (such as ACC, SMS control, etc) are not available yet
Firmware is far in advance of v2 in other aspects (such as built in web server, metrics, console, tcp/ip support, diagnostics, geofencing, scripting, etc)
Firmware can be updated either Over The Air (OTA), by Micro SD card, or over USB interface

Regards, Mark.