[Ovmsdev] Can buses stop after some time

Greg D. gregd2350 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 09:49:15 HKT 2018

Hi Tom,

For what it's worth, I'm using an OBDII splitter cable, and Raspberry Pi
3b + PiCAN2 daughter board for capturing traffic with Wireshark.  The
cable lets me snoop on the traffic between the  OVMS and car or HUD,
without interference.

https://www.amazon.com/bbfly-B11-Splitter-Extension-Cable-Adapter/dp/B074CWG7WM/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1531100230&sr=8-3-spons&keywords=obdii+splitter+cable&psc=1

http://copperhilltech.com/pican-2-can-interface-for-raspberry-pi-2-3/

I didn't use the 9-pin connector - didn't find a plug-and-play cable.
Just wired the CAN+, CAN- and Ground signals into the splitter cable
connector by pushing wires into the socket.  Remember to NOT use the
termination resistor on the PiCan2 board (the default).

Given all the changes to the system, I probably should toss my debugging
hacks and update to the latest, before digging back in.

Taking a deep breath,

Greg