[Ovmsdev] OVMS V3 got hot and is now destroyed

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Wed Jul 4 16:53:56 HKT 2018

Guenther,

That is not good. I have not had any other reports of a problem like that (or any hardware problems).

It seems the problem is on the EU modem board, near the USB connector? I will send the pictures to my china manufacturer and ask for his comment / suggestion.

It seems strange that the ‘burn’ is on the modem board, near the antenna connectors, but you also have an issue near the SD card connector? Are these related in any way?

The hardware is covered by a 1 year warranty. If you send me your full name, postal address, and contact telephone number, I will arrange a replacement. One EU modem and one plastic case, correct? Is the main board ok?

Regards, Mark.