[Ovmsdev] Poor wifi performance

Stephen Casner casner at acm.org
Tue Jul 10 04:35:33 HKT 2018

This problem of no newline is related to the somewhat tricky way I
implemented alert output being written above the current command input
line.  I truncate the newline from the last or only line of an alert
message so that when it is followed by microrl putting out a new
prompt, which is preceded by a newline, we don't get a blank line.

I've just committed a fix.  The problem was that the terminal monitor
discards a newline that does not follow carriage return, and microrl's
terminal_newline() function was written to output the same string to
go to the next line as it takes for input to indicate the end of a
command.  We need the input end-of-line to be just a newline
character, so that is all that terminal_newline() put out before the
prompt.  My fix was to change terminal_newline() to output the
explicit string "\r\n" rather than the macro ENDL.

                                                        -- Steve