[Ovmsdev] SPIFFS or FAT for /store

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Fri Jan 19 15:51:50 HKT 2018

OK, I looked into this is more detail…

Notes

Presently, spiffs does not support directories. It produces a flat structure. If SPIFFS is mounted under /spiffs creating a file with path /spiffs/tmp/myfile.txt will create a file called /tmp/myfile.txt in SPIFFS, instead of myfile.txt under directory /spiffs/tmp.
It is not a realtime stack. One write operation might last much longer than another.
Presently, it does not detect or handle bad blocks.
Maybe not… It seems that for our use-case, the wear levelled FAT maybe more suitable.

Mark