[Ovmsdev] Transition to new esp-idf

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sat Jan 13 11:25:28 HKT 2018

I think we are pretty much ready to go. I just need to make the sdkconfig.default for v3.0 and v3.1. So long as it works for v3.0 developer hardware, that is fine.

@Steve can you update our master clone to latest from Espressif and make sure your stuff is still ok?

I guess steps for developers will be:

1) pull the openvehicles IDF and switch to master branch. Sub module update.

2) download and install xtensa build chain to match.

3) update OVMS master, make clean, check menu config, then build and play.

I can get my part done by Sunday 14th night (HKT), so suggest to do the Merge of the OVMS firmware master branch then.

Regards, Mark