[Ovmsdev] Android App v3.12.2 in Play Store

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Fri Jan 5 03:29:33 HKT 2018

Kivy looks promising, but doesn't seem to be that much cross-platform yet.

From what I've read so far, Kivy could cover the user interface and upper protocol layer.

It doesn't seem to provide cross-platform solutions for background services, push notifications, widgets and scripting integration yet. Most(?) of these things
seem to be possible, but require platform specific code.

Regarding the UI, Kivy also does not seem to have a decent charting library yet, so this also would still need platform specific code.

It seems -- from the docs and web -- Cordova is more mature regarding these aspects?