[Ovmsdev] CAN-3 broken again?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Wed Jan 17 01:59:25 HKT 2018

Greg, Mark,

I'm having two basic issues with this:

a) This will limit the TX speed achievable on the mcp interfaces. I generally hate not fully utilizing available hardware capabilities. And this is SPI, filling
a TX buffer is expensive.

b) It again feels like fixing without understanding. I really think we should first understand how the reported race condition of the mcp interrupt signal
affects our driver design, and we should check the effect of level interrupts before resorting to limiting the speed.

The mcp SPI interface is running at 1 MHz, so a TX will … wait a moment, why is it running at 1 MHz? According to the data sheet, it can do 10 MHz?

Mark, is there some scaling done in the spinodma module, or is there a reason (other than typo / copy-paste) for this?