[Ovmsdev] CAN-3 broken again?

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Mon Jan 8 22:27:13 HKT 2018

Mark,

the Twizy implementation currently depends largely on the CANopen framework. It may be possible to build a -very- restricted version without,
but the result would not be used by any Twizy driver.

The CANopen framework is also a general toolkit to discover and talk to CANopen devices, see my intro at:

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/vehicle/OVMS.V3/components/canopen/doc/Howto-detect-CANopen-nodes.txt

The RAM usage of the manager module, while not having started a bus instance, is 24 bytes for the module state plus command registry. Command
registry follows the approach of the CAN framework to do the interface selection as a command level. So the CANopen command registry entries
consist of 2 + 3 * 13 = 41 commands.

The same command registry overhead applies to all optional components, i.e. OBD2ECU and REtools. Maybe a better solution is to make all these
components loadable like the vehicles. I saw you subclassed RE from pcp, was this meant to support the dynamic loading/init by means of the
power control command, or is there another plan on this?