[Ovmsdev] Moving to a production cycle

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Feb 25 19:05:11 HKT 2018

You're right, the MAC would be nonsense. Tom nailed my concern, and all workarounds can be avoided by an individual pass phrase.

Mark, couldn't it be sufficient to just set the pass phrase config value during QC instead of burning it into an eFuse?

As the QC procedure should already involve a boot, it would just need to also issue a config command to the running module. With stickers printed at the QC
station, the station could issue the command automatically, or with a pre-printed batch of stickers, the code could be scanned from the sticker to avoid manual
entry.

A later factory reset could also leave this config untouched, so it would only get cleared on an explicit flash erase -- and we can hook into the make targets
to tell the user about this.

Or am I missing something?