[Ovmsdev] Moving to a production cycle

Michael Balzer dexter at expeedo.de
Sun Feb 25 22:06:11 HKT 2018

Am 22.02.2018 um 04:22 schrieb Mark Webb-Johnson:
> When looking at the deep sleep stuff, I found there is a way to tag a global variable as ‘rtc’. That should survive a deep sleep (or reboot).

Unfortunately, it does not survive a reboot:

> * Data in RTC memory is initialised whenever the SoC restarts, except when waking from deep sleep. When waking from deep sleep, the values which were present
> before going to sleep are kept.

There is an NVS library: https://esp-idf.readthedocs.io/en/v1.0/api/nvs_flash.html

…but I've got the impression that could interfere with our own flash usage (?).

Also, if flash is the way and as /store is already present at housekeeping init, I think we can just as well use our own config module…