[Ovmsdev] Moving to a production cycle

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Thu Feb 22 12:52:02 HKT 2018

> There probably isn't a
> need for a custom SSID based on MAC or other serialization; that would
> only be necessary if configuring multiple modules at the same time in
> the same place.  Use case?

Yep. My thoughts exactly.

>  it might be
> a good idea to have a required step of the configuration procedure be to
> force a passkey change and re-connect on the part of the user.

Yep. If we ask them to specify the AP name, and new password, then that resolves both problems.

> If things get messed up or forgotten, can't the module be reset to
> factory with some button sequence?  I asked that regarding my /store
> issue, but never heard back.

We have two buttons:

Hardwired RESET. That resets the chip.
IO0 BOOT. If held during BOOT, that goes into firmware download mode.

So, only #2 is usable, and that only after boot. I guess we could have a boot delay to allow time for it to be pressed after power up.

But, that would require opening up the case to get to the button. Nasty. Plugging it into a PC is probably easier?

Regards, Mark.