[Ovmsdev] Prolonging traction battery life feature

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Sun Feb 18 22:52:33 HKT 2018

Robert,

The difference is in maintaining a single cell vs an entire pack. With a single cell, we don’t need to worry about balancing. With thousands of individual cells in a pack, we do.

Regarding Nissan Leaf support, looking at vehicle_nissanleaf.c, I see:

The usual SOC, range, charge status, etc, displays
Remote charge control
Remote climate control

For the climate and charge control, here are the notes (from the vehicle module):

// Wake up the car & send Climate Control or Remote Charge message to VCU,
// replaces Nissan's CARWINGS and TCU module, see
// http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=4131&hilit=open+CAN+discussion&start=416
//
// On Generation 1 Cars, TCU pin 11's "EV system activation request signal" is
// driven to 12V to wake up the VCU. This function drives RC3 high to
// activate the "EV system activation request signal". Without a circuit
// connecting RC3 to the activation signal wire, remote climate control will
// only work during charging and for obvious reasons remote charging won't
// work at all.
//
// On Generation 2 Cars, a CAN bus message is sent to wake up the VCU. This
// function sends that message even to Generation 1 cars which doesn't seem to
// cause any problems.

Regards, Mark.