[Ovmsdev] Prolonging traction battery life feature

Robert Sharpe robert.sharpe at evergreen-consulting.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 01:13:41 HKT 2018

Hi All,

I have an idea that will help prolong the life of EV batteries and maximise vehicle resale value.

In summary it involves implementing intelligent charging that keeps the battery at 50% (the best soc for long term storage) for as long a possible and minimises depth of charge and discharge.  For example
as soon as you get to a charge point (eg home or work), the OVMS will detect if it is below 50% and charge it until 50% is achieved
the OVMS will be told the minimum required soc and when this should be achieved
it will then wait until the last moment to start charging to achieving the required min soc
a later version could receive a notification from your Google calendar with required mileage via IFTT, etc

Unfortunately, I don't have the coding skills to implement it but would be happy to do all the non-coding stuff like requirements, design, documentation, testing, etc.

If this sounds interesting and you would like to find out more please feel free to get back to me for a chat.

Regards,
Robert Sharpe (Managing Director)
07711 252971
Skype: arsharpe

Your Plugged-in Partner
Evergreen Consulting is the trading name of Sharpe Consultants Ltd