[Ovmsdev] v3 hardware disconnecting from v2 server

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Feb 4 10:33:40 HKT 2018

On 31/01/18 20:06, Mark Webb-Johnson wrote:
> As a workaround, @Tom please turn on
> CONFIG_FREERTOS_USE_TRACE_FACILITY, CONFIG_HEAP_POISONING_LIGHT
> and CONFIG_HEAP_TASK_TRACKING, and see if that works for you. Those
> settings will also give you the ‘module memory’ and ‘module tasks’
> commands (which developers certainly need).

I wasn't able to find a combination of those options which avoided the
crash. I did find the bug, when you erase an iterator from a list or
map, the iterator is invalidated. I'm guessing this is because the
memory storing the iterator object itself has been released. I've sent a
pull request which fixes the server v2 stop crash it in my environment,
but I haven't audited all the code to see if the faulty pattern exists
anywhere else.

I haven't yet had a chance to reproduce the original disconnection
problem and see if stopping and starting the v2 server connection helps.