[Ovmsdev] Roadmap and team info

Mark Webb-Johnson mark at webb-johnson.net
Tue Aug 14 12:25:13 HKT 2018

Robert,

I think that the roadmap part of this duplicates the github issues.

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/issues <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/issues>
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Android/issues <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Android/issues>
https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-iOS/issues <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-iOS/issues>

By properly labelling, we can see enhancement request there and separate them from bugs.

There is also a todo

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/vehicle/OVMS.V3/todo.txt <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/vehicle/OVMS.V3/todo.txt>

and knownissues

https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/vehicle/OVMS.V3/knownissues.txt <https://github.com/openvehicles/Open-Vehicle-Monitoring-System-3/blob/master/vehicle/OVMS.V3/knownissues.txt>

which at this point could all probably be merged into that.

I realise that github is not the most user friendly for novice users. Perhaps we can pull from it, to maintain a user-visible list? The primary issues with roadmaps / enhancements for a project like this is that there are far more people adding issues to the list, than doing the work to remove them, so it becomes kind of demoralising.

The ‘team’ tab is useful, and it would be good to publicly credit contributors in a better way. Perhaps for vehicle module contributors that can be in the individual vehicle sections of the user guide, and for main code contributors, it an be in the main intro section of the user guide?

Regards, Mark.